Thursday, October 26, 2006

Buc Win Again!

I was removed from the Fox and Hound in the middle of the second
quarter on Sunday. The manager told me that it was "for my own
safety". Not highly unbelievable considering the Buccaneers were
supposed to lose this game, everyone in the bar was in shell-shock
over the fact that their "sure thing" was slipping away and I was
standing in the middle of a Philadelphia sports bar wearing a
Buccaneers jersey. Needless to say, my excitement was not being shared
by the majority of the people in the room.

After my removal, I went to Black Sheep, an Irish pub. How many Irish
people do you know that really care about football? I figured it was
safe territory.

Fortunately, I was right. I found three other schmucks like myself,
rooting for the wrong team. John, Steven and Brian were all dressed in
their Sunday best (unfortunately I mean straight out of church, not
the proud red and pewter). Together we died of sheer bliss when Matt
Bryant hit a miracle 62-yard field goal.

Amazing.

I can't say anything more.

No comments: