Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Euphemisms: Gotta love 'em

An AP article today was headlined "Saudi's Back Mideast Plans." Metro picked this one up as a top international story. The lead read - brace yourself, this is my favorite part- "Saudi Arabia said Wednesday that it would seriously consider attending a Middle East peace conference proposed by the Bush Administration for later this year..."

"Seriously consider."

Let's contimplate all of the things I seriously consider on a daily basis:

Quitting smoking. Buying a house. Filing bankruptcy to avoid medical bills. Moving to Canada. Jumping from roof to my nieghbors roofs, just to say I did it. Dying my hair green... hey you only live once. Stalking Angelina Jolie. The amount of profit generated by Pat's Steaks. Parenting. The best blend for an Apple Martini. And, more.

So, let's see... according to the AP definition of "seriously consider," I must be an un-American, suicidal,alcoholic stalker with self-image problems, conflicted ideas of finance, and a deep seeded desire to procreate.

"Seriously consider."

I think I will seriously consider taking every story I read on the Mideast with and entire box of Morton's Salt.

No comments: