Tuesday, December 25, 2007

The Sandbox

For those of you who don't know, I met someone special a few weeks ago, an MP who returned to Iraq on Christmas Eve. I decided that I would attempt to put together a collection of military-related comic strips to send over to the war-zone, and hopefully elicit a smile or two. In the data mine, I came across a gem.

Doonesbury, the classic Gary Trudeau creation, has served as a conscience to both the government and the people since the '50s, ever-reminding us that the military serves a purpose that violent beyond imagination, painful and heartbreaking - but he serves the reminder with a dash of humor. This one in particular caught my attention:

In October, Tradeau launched The Sandbox, a milblog on GWOT-lit.

As Americans who try our best to not take what we have for granted, I am encouraging everyone to check this out. It will break your heart, and maybe give you some perspective.  

No comments: