Monday, October 09, 2006

Daily Martini, Washington Apple

I am actually pretty humble about my bartending skills.
I can't flare. I don't have any books memorized. And, I can't tell you the difference between a California or Italian chianti. But, I KNOW I make a damn good Appletini.

The Apple Martini takes a special touch to master. It's a gift really. I think I mastered the touch the night that I had to to make 13 of them at one time while working service bar at TGI Friday's up on City Line Ave. For those of you outside of the Philly area, I will tell you that the City Line clientelle is the most difficult to impress in the city, and they are not shy about it.

So, with all of that said, I am not going to try to teach the art of the Apple Martini over the internet, because it would be a disgrace to those of us who have learned the trade secrets.
Instead, I'll give you the perfect subsitute and a great way to get rid of the "rye" whiskey left over from last weeks party -i.e Canadian Club, Seagrams VO, or my personal favorite Crown Royal -mmm, mmm, mmm.

The Washington Apple Martini
1.5 oz. Sour Apple Pucker
1.5 oz. Canadian Whiskey
1 oz. Cranberry Juice

Serve in a cocktail glass with cherry garnish.
Enjoy.

No comments: