Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Daily Martini: Mai Tai's and Malibu Sunset


I know, I know, I've been slacking. But, it's my final finals week. Please forgive me.

Thinking of Thanksgiving in Ventura, CA always inspires me for something tropical, so here are a couple to add to the collection.

This one is for all of the lovers who always dreamt of Hawaii, but never managed to make it there. A recipe that should be common knowledge if for no other reason than it has a cool name.

The Mai Tai Martini:

1 1/4 oz Light Rum
3/4 oz Triple Sec
3/4 oz Pineapple Juice
3/4 oz Sour mix
1/4 oz Grenadine
1/4 oz Orgeat Syrup

Shake well, serve in a chilled cocktail glass with cherry and pineapple wedge garnish.

For those of us without an extensive liquor selection, there is a wonderful subsitute.

The Malibu Sunset Martini

1 1/2 oz. Coconut Rum
3/4 oz. Sloe Gin

Shake well, pour into chilled cocktail glass and float 3/4 oz. pineapple juice. Garnish with a cherry and pineapple wedge.

Enjoy

No comments: